Choosing the right house cleaning company is important. Afterall, this person (or team) will be in your personal space one to four times every month. So, it is important to choose someone you feel comfortable with and who you feel is honest, reliable and dedicated to high-quality service. But, how do you know if you are choosing the right or wrong house cleaner?
When you are picking a house cleaner in Orange County, it is important to avoid the following five things:
- Poor reviews: if you are on the hunt for a house cleaner, the first thing you should do is read their reviews and client testimonials. If there are any bad reviews, this should be your first red flag! Because you are having this person or team in your home, it is very important to make sure they have a reputation for top notch customer service, reliability and high-quality cleaning.
- No license or insurance: all house cleaning companies should have general liability insurance in case anything is damaged or broken during service. It is also important that you ask if the company is licensed. In order for a company to become licensed, it must meet certain criteria and cleaning standards laid out by a specific government department. All licensed companies must have a certain amount of experience in the field before becoming licensed. They are also expected to use the proper equipment and solutions; and must employ properly trained people. Thus, it is important to make sure the company is licensed, bonded and insured before hiring them. If they are not licensed or insured, this is a huge red flag, and you should keep looking!
- Super cheap prices: if the price tag seems too good to be true, it probably is. There are so many companies out there that are willing to do whatever it takes to gain new business and make money, especially with everything that is going on in today’s world. So, it is important to avoid hiring a house cleaning company that offers cheap services. Think about the cost of cleaning supplies, equipment, tools, and workers they have to pay for. If they are offering service at a super cheap price, they are liking paying their employees less, meaning they probably don’t care as much about the quality of their service as they do getting paid.
- Choosing a house cleaning service based on a nice-looking website alone: while a nice clean website can be impressive, do not base your decision on the looks of a company’s website alone. Anyone can pay to have a beautiful website created, but not anyone can provide honest and reliable service. So, it is important that you hire a company with a reputation for quality customer service and proven results.
- Hiring a house cleaning company after one phone call: a phone call is not enough to seal the deal. You should do a little more research to ensure you are making the right decision. You can check out the company’s YELP reviews, Angie’s List and social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.
If you are looking for the right cleaning company in Orange County, it is important to pay attention to the things we mentioned, but also keep in mind, it is important to go with your gut! Use your instincts and listen to your gut so you can make a decision you feel comfortable and confident with!